Welcome to the
official website of the National Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Koekelberg!
!!! Corona update !!!
We are happy to receive our visitors from Tuesday June 2, 2020! We have taken a few measures to have our beautiful church visited in complete safety:
- Our gallery at 10m50 can be visited again between 10am and 4.30pm. The panorama remains closed until further notice!
- Please reserve your ticket in advance by email or phone (info@ basilicakoekelberg.be, +32 2 421 16 67), or directly in our Info-Tourisme office
- Please keep a distance of 1.5 m (5 ft) from other visitors
- Please follow the course. This is indicated by the yellow arrows on the ground
- Max. 1 person in the elevator
- Max. 1 person in our shop. Prefer payment by bank / credit card.
- Adjusted opening hours of the shop: Mon - Fri, from 10am to 4pm
Welcome to the official website of the National Basilica of the Sacred
Heart in Koekelberg
The Koekelberg Basilica ranks fifth among the
world's largest churches, after the Basilica of Notre-Dame de la Paix in
Yamoussokro on the Ivory Coast,
St Peter's in Rome, St Paul's
in London and Santa Maria Dei Fiori in Florence.
Today, the church is in the first place a place
of prayer for peace. The church is still used for celebrations of the parish or
for big national celebrations. But the basilica is more than that. The basilica
has also an important cultural function. Its a magnificent Art Deco monument,
there are two museums, there are yearly different expositions and you can enjoy
a wonderful view over Brussels!
We're looking forward to welcoming you soon in this fantastic
Art Deco Monument!